Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SHARD SCUPTURE

I love to dig in the bits and pieces of left over glass,or the tiny shards that we all have.Once I've retrieved a multitude of bits the fun begins.I will twist it,turn it,manipulate and move it around;not having a clue what I'm going to put together.Sooner or later an image forms in my strange little mind and I can start.I will fit ,layer,add accents,take a deep breath and attempt to take the image out of my head and create a tangible work.Very time consuming and would never be able to produce a second piece,but it gives me great joy when I open the kiln and it's worked.The unique idea now has form and substance;my work of art.It will never be duplicated,and hopefully others will like and appreciate it.Although the cost is reflected in the amount of time to create it,it never exceeds acceptable market value.All that is left is for someone to see and cherish it as thier own. Please look at picture below to see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment