Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Tree

 Sitting here in the quiet tonight and letting my thoughts ramble.There are a few memories that keep cropping up,some not so good and others that bring a warmth;to my heart.One such memory, is about thirty years old.It's not exciting and has no great ahah moment,but I think it's one that will last all my life;at least I hope so.I have had the great good fortune to have three  sons that I love with every fibre of my being.They have not been perfect,nor have I ;but we have a connection nothing could seperate. Any how ,that Christmas their father and I had not purchased the tree yet and the boys were chomping at the bit to do so.We knew they were busy at school making those gifts we put away at the first opportunity.We weren't concerned as we caught them huddled together scheming, part of our surprise!! A few days before school was to be let out for the holiday;I see my lads lugging a tree down the Avenue,about 6 ft long.I was a little concerned as to how they had aquired it.I found out someone in the area had just had his spruce tree topped and before he could dispose of it;my wheeler dealers had purchased the family tree for 10 cents.He had offered it for free but they would have none of that.I will never forget the pride and pleasure on those faces.That tree was trimmed and decorated and thoroughly enjoyed.We had nicer looking trees through out the years,but that tree will be the one etched into my heart all the days of my life.The year my boys were 6,8 and 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment